Need Money Now
Need money now? Sunny has the answers for how to get a short-term loan
Representative 1266% APR
It’s not always possible to account for every unexpected expense you may face, and even when you do try to plan for the unexpected, sometimes these things cost more than you’d budgeted for. Whatever the case, when you need cash in an emergency, we understand how stressful that can be.
How can I get an instant loan online?
At Sunny, we offer emergency short-term loans in values from £100 to £2,500, to cater for a variety of expenses you may find yourself facing. We believe we provide “life support” for those who need it, and for our customers who find themselves in tough situations.
Before you apply, you can give us your details and we’ll come back to you quickly with an indication of whether you’re likely to be accepted for a loan with us or not – and this doesn’t impact your credit rating***.
If you’re likely to be approved, you can submit your application and, subject to passing our hard credit check and affordability assessment, receive your loan in as little as 15 minutes.
Read on to find out more about borrowing money from Sunny and how quickly we can get you the money you need.
Eligibility for a short-term loan
Before we can approve your application for a Sunny loan, we must ensure you are able to make repayments on the amount borrowed, so that your loan from us isn’t adding a further financial burden. When you’re in a situation where you need money today, you may worry that such checks will add time to the process that you can’t afford to lose. At Sunny, however, our credit and affordability checks are completed within seconds to give you an instant decision on your application.
Before you apply for a loan with Sunny, we ask that you check that you meet our eligibility criteria. This means you will need to:
- Be at least 18 years old and a UK resident
- Receive a regular income and have an active bank account and debit card
- Be able to provide your address history for the past three years
- Have a working email address and mobile phone
- Not be bankrupt or otherwise insolvent
You can find out more about eligibility for our loans below.
Example loans from Sunny
It’s important when looking into borrowing emergency money that you do your own calculations and research. To help, we’ve pulled together this loan calculator to help you determine if you can afford to make repayments on a certain amount, when you use Sunny. Whether you need a small loan, such as £100 to buy a new part for your washing machine repair or £1,000 for costly car repairs, use the calculator to see how much you’ll pay over various repayment periods.
Sunny loans information hub
Have a question about a loan from Sunny? We’ve tried to answer some of the most common ones below. If there’s anything else you need more information on, be sure to take a look at our FAQ section first or speak to one of our customer service team.
How Sunny loans can help
At Sunny, we like to think of our loans as “life support”. This means we do all we can to help our customers when they need to tackle one of life’s emergencies. Take a look at the great features our loans come with to help you decide if Sunny is the lender for you.
We understand how stressful it can be to wait for money to come through, which is why we aim to get you the money you need just 15 minutes after your loan application is approved.
At Sunny, we don’t charge any fees. That means no admin charges or late payment fees. Plus, interest is charged daily, which means that if you pay back early, you’ll save money on interest!
We give you five days* to change your mind. If you don’t need your Sunny loan you can simply call to pay back the money and you won’t pay a penny of interest.
More information on loans from Sunny
Perhaps your car has broken down, your washing machine has given up the ghost, or an unexpected bill just landed on your doormat. Whatever the case, when you need money today you don’t want to have to wait for it.
Our team are on hand to offer an instant decision on your loan application, helping you cover that emergency expense the very same day. Our emergency loans can be an ideal solution to a short-term problem, but are best saved as a last resort method of obtaining the funds you need.
Before applying for any short-term loan it’s a good idea to not only research the lenders available but to find out if you can find the money elsewhere first, for example using savings, revising your budget to accommodate the cost, or borrowing from a trusted family member or friend.
In an emergency and when you’re out of options to cover the cost, a loan from Sunny can help. Our lack of fees and charges make borrowing that little bit simpler and mean you have less to worry about.
Ways to get money now
As well as a short-term loan, there are a range of ways to get your hands on cash fast, when you need it. These include:
- Selling unwanted items – Sell an old bike or a TV you no longer use for some quick cash. You can use a site such as eBay or Facebook Marketplace when you need money fast.
- Using a cash for gold shop – You can exchange valuable jewellery and gold items for cash that you can then use for whatever emergency expense you’re currently dealing with. You won’t be able to get your items back, though, so make sure nothing you exchange has any sentimental value!
- Take some of your wardrobe to a cash for clothes store – Need to declutter your wardrobe? Take whatever you don’t want to a “cash for clothes” store, where they will give you a certain amount of money per kg.
- Sign up and complete online surveys – There are services out there that pay you for your time. You’ll need to fill in a pretty large number of surveys to make a lot, but it’s an easy way of making a little extra money. Find a list of sites that offer this here.
- Get rid of old mobiles, CDs and DVDs – You can send these items off to a range of services who offer cash, Mazuma and Music Magpie are two examples.
- Sell any gift cards you won’t use – If you’ve received a gift card for a birthday or Christmas that you know you won’t use, sell it on Facebook or eBay and get the cash instead.
Comments from Sunny customers
When our customers need money fast, they use Sunny because we strive to be transparent, honest and fair – which is easy to see from our great Trustpilot reviews**. Take a look at these, and our excellent score, below to help make your decision if you’re considering using Sunny as a lender.
Got everything you need?
We hope this guide has helped you make a decision or pointed you in the right direction if you need money today. If you’re interested in applying for a short-term loan with Sunny hit the apply now button below and get the cash you need fast, to handle any emergency thrown your way.
Looking into alternative lending options?
Emergency cash can be required for a huge number of reasons, and our guides have broken down the how and why of every type of circumstance to help you decide if a short-term loan is right for you. You’ll find these below; take a look and find out more about the different circumstances that can cause you to need a loan and what to do.
***Soft search is currently only available to new customers. Our eligibility check will assess whether you meet our lending criteria. Even if you are eligible, we may still require proof of ID and/or proof of income before we approve the loan.