Flux Funding Privacy Notice
Flux Funding (“we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to privacy compliance and to earning our users’ (“you”, “your”, “me”, “my”) trust.
To earn that trust, we aim to be transparent and ensure you understand our privacy practices including the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your personal information.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below:
Flux Funding is made up of the following legal entities:
– Flux Funding Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 10985517) whose registered office is at Newgate House, Newgate Street, Chester, CH1 1DE and who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 806333); and
The following Introducer Appointed Representative of Flux Funding Limited:
– Upward Finance Limited trading as Sunny, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 11365247) and whose registered office is at 7 Bell Yard, London, England, WC2A 2JR and who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 821471).
This privacy notice is issued on behalf of Flux Funding so when we refer to “Flux Funding”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to Flux Funding Limited or the relevant Introducer Appointed Representative responsible for this website.
We are a licensed credit broker, not a lender. We provide an online credit broking service and can help you to search for certain products and services. Each member of Flux Funding is independently responsible for making decisions about how your personal information is processed (each a separate “controller”).
This Privacy Notice applies to all websites and services operated by Flux Funding (our “services”).
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services.
– Identity, contact, home, employment and financial details: When you search for one of our products or services or apply for a loan on our website, you provide us with at least some basic details necessary for us to provide this service. This can include, but is not limited to, your title, full name, address, bank details, email address, phone number, marital status, number of dependants, number of adults living at your home, date of birth, details of your home, employment details and your monthly outgoings.
– Sensitive personal information: In certain limited cases, some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs or information concerning your health. By choosing to provide this optional information, you consent to our processing of that information.
– Customer service: If you contact our customer service team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
– Other Partners: We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance where Flux Funding ads are published on a partner’s websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success).
Information collected when you use our services
– Device information: We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
– hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’s settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g. IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
– information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength; and
– information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
– Usage Information: We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g. date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users (e.g. users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
Please see our Cookie Notice for more information on why we use them and how you can better control their use, through your browser settings and other tools.
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Flux Funding, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
We do this by linking devices and browser personal information, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar personal information about your devices to help identify and link them.
To send you relevant offers and ads.
This includes developing, displaying and tracking content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites as well as contacting you via email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you.
To improve our services
– Conduct research and analysis of users’ behaviour to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behaviour); and
– Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities.
We perform personal information analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities and retain personal information related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences.
To ensure legal compliance
And to comply with legal requirements, assist law enforcement and enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms and Conditions.
To provide our service/perform our contract
We process your personal information to perform the contract that you have (or are about to enter into) with us. For example, when you apply for a personal loan, we share your personal data with our lender and credit broker partners (who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority) to assist you in finding the financial services product that you are looking for.
We may use your personal information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we analyse users’ behaviour on our services to improve our offerings, for targeted advertising and for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
In some cases, applicable laws may require us to process certain information about you.
We may ask for your consent to use your personal information for certain specific reasons. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the address provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
If you are an existing user, Flux Funding may send you marketing information about Flux Funding similar products or services. We will give you a clear chance to opt out in every message we send and at any time by contacting [email protected].
With our service providers and partners;
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including offering or providing you with the financial services product that you are looking for, personal information hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations
We may also share your information with a panel of lenders and brokers who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to assist you in finding the financial services product that you are looking for.
We may also share your information with companies who assist us in providing our service to you, such as;
Telecommunication companies (for email and SMS communication) and advertising networks such as Facebook and Google.
Our partners, with whom we share your information, may use it for their legitimate business interests to match applications, carry out fraud checks, carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
As part of your application for a loan, we will share your personal data with our lender panel to try and find you a loan.
We may also share your personal data with TransUnion (formerly Callcredit) and other credit bureaus for the purposes of matching you to a lender. Full information as to how they process your personal data and your rights can be found here.
We may also share your information with the following companies as well as directly with lenders whom we feel may be able to assist you as part of your application for a loan.
Please contact [email protected] if you would like up to date copy of their privacy policies or more information as to how they process your personal data:
With other Flux Funding entities
We may share your personal information with other Flux Funding entities for them to assist us in processing your personal information, as service providers, upon our instructions and on our behalf. This includes technical processing operations, such as personal information hosting and maintenance, customer care, marketing and targeted advertising, finance and accounting assistance, better understanding how our service is used and users’ behaviour to improve our service, securing our personal information and systems and fighting against spam, abuse, fraud, infringement and other wrongdoings.
We may also share information with Flux Funding entities for legitimate business purposes such as corporate audit, analysis and consolidated reporting as well as compliance with applicable laws.
We may also share user information with other Flux Funding entities to remove users who violate our terms of service or have been reported for criminal activity and/or bad behaviour. In some instances, we may remove that user from all platforms.
In corporate transactions
We may transfer your personal information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
When required by law
We may disclose your personal information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your personal information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
We may use and share anonymised data (meaning information that, by itself, does not identify who you are such as device information, general demographics, general behavioural personal information, geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information in an aggregated, hashed, non-human readable form, under any of the above circumstances.
We may also share this information with other Flux Funding entities and third parties (notably advertisers) to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our services and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyse and report on advertising you see.
We may combine this information with additional anonymised data or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form collected from other sources.
From time to time we may need to send your personal data to third parties that are based outside the UK. Whenever we transfer your personal data outside of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring there are adequate safeguards in place.
– we will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; and
– where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK.
In certain circumstances, you may exercise the rights available to you under applicable data protection laws as follows:
– If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
– You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
– If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. This may mean your access to certain services is restricted or denied as a result. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
– You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
– You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
– We respond to all requests we receive from users in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests. In some cases, we may reject requests for certain reasons (for example, if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user).
We have implemented, and will maintain current, reasonable physical, technical, and organisational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have security measures in place to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
Your personal information will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept for as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Generally, we will keep your personal details for no longer than 12 months from the date you last used our service, unless you ask us to delete it sooner.
If you ask us to delete your personal information, please note that it may remain on our backup servers for legal or other regulatory reasons.
This Privacy Notice may be amended from time to time. We will post any changes we may make on this page and, where appropriate, notify you via e-mail. When amendments are made, we will update the “last updated” date at the top of this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact [email protected].